Looking for alternatives to bustling corn mazes and pumpkin patches? Renton has outdoor activities for enjoying fall with smaller crowds, little planning and no cost.
- Watch the spawning salmon in the Cedar River. Trained naturalists will be on hand to answer questions most October weekends at Cedar River Park, the Renton Library bridge and other locations.
- Discover all the creativity downtown with the self-guided hydrant art walk. Free parking is still available at the City Center Parking Garage.
- Stroll the boardwalks of the Black River Trail and Springbrook Trail in the lush Black River Riparian Forest.
- Explore Waterworks Gardens to learn how the park’s ponds and marshes clean and filter stormwater from the nearby water treatment plant (.7 mi roundtrip).
- Boost your social feed with family photos taken among the vibrant fall colors of the tree-lined entry to Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park.
- Learn about a guitar legend at the Jimi Hendrix Memorial in Greenwood Memorial Park.
Make it a truly relaxing visit and book an overnight at one of Renton’s hotels. While you’re visiting, enjoy free parking at over five downtown locations. Just look for the blue dragons on parking poles.