We Invest in Our Community’s Well Being Through a Robust Healthcare Sector
The Renton healthcare industry is led by UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center, Renton’s primary medical facility and the largest nonprofit healthcare provider between Seattle and Tacoma. Since 1947, UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center has been providing safe, quality, and compassionate care for the residents of South King County. The medical center is one of Renton’s primary employers.
An Award-Winning Institution
The UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center offers award-winning care coupled with an excellent work environment and has received accolades that speak to its remarkable programs of excellence.
- Ranked as a Best Hospital in the Seattle Metro Area and Washington State by U.S. News & World Report
- Received the Health Care Equality Index (HEI) Leader in Health Care Award for equitable and inclusive care for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender patients and their families and a discrimination-free workplace for LGBTQ staff members
- Recognized in 2015 by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine for leading the industry in the adoption of information technology to improve operational, financial, and clinical performance in health care delivery systems
- Received a Gold Achievement Award for a fit-friendly worksite from the American Heart Association
Other Major Healthcare Employers
In addition to the UW Medicine/Valley Medical Center, there are many other healthcare institutions that not only provide exemplary care, but provide thousands of jobs in our community and for our residents, including:
- Providence St. Joseph Health
- Kaiser Permanente Washington
- Proliance Orthopedic Associates
- Bloodworks Northwest
- Seattle Goodwill Industries
- Talbot Rehabilitation Center
- Pacific Medical Centers
- Renton Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Chateau Valley Center
- B&B Dental Ceramic Arts Inc.
- Seattle Pain Center
- Bethesda Lutheran Communities
- LifeNet Health Northwest