The coronavirus has quickly spread into a global pandemic. Governments have taken drastic measures to encourage social distancing. Along with anxieties about contracting and spreading disease, millions of people who were already struggling or living paycheck-to-paycheck face new uncertainties about their financial security. Many organizations and governments have responded with resources and services to help individuals, small businesses and institutions cope with these challenges. Here is some information about how and where to obtain these resources.
The Small Business Administration and the Department of Treasury have announced that they have initiated a mobilization effort of banks and other lending institutions to provide small businesses with the assistance they need.
- Bumble Small Business Grant Program: Until April 9th, you can submit a request for your business to receive up to $5,000 in monetary support from Bumble. We’ll support 200 businesses in 11 countries.
- Facebook Small Business Grant Program: Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to help during this challenging time. Up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in more than 30 countries where Facebook operates will be able to receive the grant.
- James Beard Foundation: To help bring swift economic relief to these essential businesses, the James Beard Foundation launched a fund that will be gathering support from corporate, foundation, and individual donors to provide micro-grants to independent food and beverage businesses in need.
- MainVest: If you have an existing brick & mortar business that has been negatively effected by the COVID-19 outbreak and you launch a capital raise on Mainvest, you may be eligible to receive a $2,000 zero-interest loan immediately. Then through your capital raise, you can receive over $100,000 of investment from your community.
- Kiva: Zero Interest lending to small businesses (up to $15,000 and 6 month grace period)
- Yelp free advertising
- US Chamber of Commerce Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Great list of additional resources can be found on the ICIC website.